Giving back to the community is one thing that makes being a part of the Fuzion family so wonderful. That rewarding feeling one gets while volunteering ones’ time or donating to a cause is doubled when you participate with a group of people that support each other through strong relationships. Offering PTO volunteer hours and making several donation avenues available throughout the year provides associates with an opportunity to champion a cause for positive change in their communities AND it builds a collaborative and inspired team!
In 2017 Fuzion committed time and energy to many organizations, continuing relationships with organizations such as United Way and Joy’s House and beginning a new relationship with Dayspring Center homeless shelter. We have worked hard to cultivate a culture based on core values that not only supports the growth of the company, but also reflects our commitment in making a positive contribution to society.
2017 Fuzion partnerships:
- Fuzion assembled and donated over 500 hygiene kits and sent them to Houston for the Harvey hurricane relief efforts
- For the Indy Honor Flight, Fuzion participated in a Letter Writing Campaign to say Thank You for what the Veterans have done and continue to do for our country
- The Backpack United of Hamilton County collection and donation of items most needed for our community’s young people was a great success this year
- Joy’s House is one of our favorite organizations to give back to. During 2017 we gave our associates multiple opportunities to do so:
- Charity Golf Scramble – all funds raised were donated
- 2 of our associates hosted a Birdhouse Auction where Joy’s House guests painted birdhouses and our associates bid on them in a silent auction – all proceeds were donated
- Several raffles for prizes during the Fall raised hundreds of dollars
- Our Annual Bake Sale raised over $300 for much needed facility items
- Granted 25 wishes of those guests at the Broad Ripple location
- Our CANstruction Castle Competition built castles out of canned corn and toilet paper to be donated to Grace Care Center and Joy’s House
- Fuzion joined United Way of Central Indiana in celebrating 100 years with continued associate contributions through payroll deduction and company matching contributions
- We hosted 5 blood drives through the Indiana Blood Center with an average of 16 participants each visit
- Dress for Success was a popular way to give back; our associates donated items from their wardrobe that could assist local women in dressing for an interview
- 150 hygiene kits were assembled by our children during Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day and were donated to the Dayspring Center homeless shelter
- Our Shepherd’s Center of Hamilton County volunteers aided with setting up, tearing down and serving guests during their annual holiday event this winter
Our associates know that giving in a small way can make a big difference and Fuzion is proud to offer numerous opportunities throughout the year to do so.